The Saint Michael - Albertville Youth Baseball Association is organized exclusively for enjoyment and educational purposes. Our core purpose is to teach and play organized baseball in an atmosphere of fair play, good sportsmanship, promotion of team spirit and fun.
The first clinic of the 2019/2020 off season is now open for registration. This clinic is Elite Pitchers Clinic with Jim Benson where pitchers will learn the proper method for stretching, warm up progression, fundamental throwing mechanics (balance, stride, finish), and the introduction of an off-speed pitch. Additionally, in the older age group Jim will focus in the area of holding runners on base. Jim encourages coaches/parents to attend, assist, and watch during the clinic times.
This clinic will be six, ninety minute sessions split into two age groups. The cost for the clinic is $180 per pitcher and is for age groups 8 - 15 (age as of 4/30/2020). This clinic will be hosted on Friday evenings starting on October 25th. Ages 8 - 11 will begin at 6pm, and ages 12 - 15 will begin at 7:30pm. The clinic will be at the Middle School West gymnasium. There are only 16 slots per age group (total 32 spots) so sign up now!
Age group 12 - 15 is SOLD OUT!
Only 2 spots remain for 8 - 11 age group!
Click the link below to register.
Our STMA Youth Baseball Board has three main goals that we want to achieve for all STMA youth baseball players. These goals are the basis for many of the decisions we make.
1) The players have fun
2) The players develop new skills and improve their existing skills
3) The players want to continue playing STMA youth baseball
Based on your feedback last year we took the following actions last year.
• Encouraged open honest communication between board members, coaches, players and parents
• Improved our rainout and registration communication process
• Communicated more detail regarding the STMA Baseball Board expenditure items
• Described the Traveling Team tryout and coaching selection process
• Created player development opportunities via STMA dome members and open gym times.
The 2019 survey is your chance to let us know if we improved in these categories.
No news currently found.